Guided 4WD Trip
Enjoy a high country four wheel drive (4WD) trip on private farm land, travel in one of Welcome Rock Trails army Jeeps.
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Departure: Queenstown, Te Anau or On Site
DAY TRIP – 4WD TOUR
Full day guided 4WD trip from Queenstown/Te Anau/or On Site
Off Road Army Jeep tours for between 2-8 people. Your main guide is Tom the owner and operator of Welcome Rock Trails on a private high country station an hour south of Queenstown.
The 4WD tour offers you the opportunity to talk with Tom and hear some great stories about the history of the land and people with amazing photo opportunities of the classic southern high country landscape. You will travel up the Nevis Road or through the farm (weather dependant). The chance to look at the Mud Hut (from a distance if guests are staying), see some of the classic New Zealand High Country and learn about Welcome Rock Trails (a hand built hiking/biking trail)
You will be collected from Queenstown at 7am and be transported to the settlement of Garston (traveling south along Lake Wakatipu), arriving back in Queenstown at approximately 5pm.
What to bring
Comfortable walking boots / shoes, a warm and waterproof jacket and trousers or shorts, warm clothing including a hat and gloves, sunscreen, energy snacks, water bottle, camera, day pack and walking poles if required.
- Package available: 1 October – 31 March annually
- Minimum 2 paying adults / maximum 8 paying adults
- 4 people per Jeep (2 Jeeps available)
- Trip Duration: allow 10 hours return
- Departs Queenstown: 7am
- Arrive back in Queenstown approximately: 5pm
- Fully guided 4WD Tour
- Return transport from Queenstown/Te Anau (if required)
- Includes lunch (sandwich and snack). Please advise if your clients have any dietary requirements.
- Not suitable for young children