Terms & Conditions
In order for visitors to understand the hazards associated with backcountry hiking, biking and accommodation, please read and agree to the following terms & conditions:
- I am aware that the activity involves some physical exertion and the inherent dangers and risk including changeable weather conditions
- I declare and confirm that I am physically fit and have no condition or injury that could be affected by this activity
- I will comply with all instructions of Welcome Rock Trails and their staff
- I am aware that if I am or if I appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs I will not be permitted to participate in the activity, and I will not be entitled to a refund
- I understand that it may be necessary for Welcome Rock Trails to cancel the activity at short notice. Welcome Rock Trails will not be responsible (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss arising from such a cancellation
- I accept that Welcome Rock Trails will not be responsible for, and I release, waive and hold harmless its officers and/or its employees from all claims I may have in respect of any, losses, damages, expenses or injury arising during or in conjunction with my participation in this activity, including any claims for damages caused by negligence of Welcome Rock Trails its officers and/or its employees, together with any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claims, losses, damages or expenses, whether valid or not, (to the extent permitted by law), regardless of how that loss, damage, expense or injury is caused.
- I also indemnify Welcome Rock Trails, its staff against all claims, losses, damage, or expenses or claim that any of my guests or any one or more of my or their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assignees may have or assert and against any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claims, losses, damages or expenses, whether valid or not
- If I am not a resident of New Zealand I declare that I will not endeavour to avoid conditions 6 and 7 by commencing legal action in another country
- I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed to be necessary by Welcome Rock Trails in the case of injury, accident or illness during the course of undertaking this activity and also agree to indemnify Welcome Rock Trails in respect of such medical treatment
- I have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions and understand that Welcome Rock Trails will rely on this declaration and on the information I have provided.
Cancellation Policy & Covid Policy
- If cancelled or changing a booking 15-30 days before arrival date 50% of the total booking amount will be refunded to the customer.
- If cancelled or changing a booking 14 days or less before arrival date 100% of the total booking amount will NOT be refunded.
- We are happy to move a booking to an alternative date rather than cancel a booking if the new date is available and 14 days notice is provided.
- Covid Policy: We are happy to change the date of your booking to a different date if your booking is affected by covid lockdowns or alert levels. It is our preference you have a valid vaccine passport. Please sign in with the covid tracer app at each hut.
- Any changes must be sent to us as soon as possible here.
Code of conduct
- Riders to wear helmets and inform walkers as they approach
- Walkers give way to cyclists
- Pack in pack out (rubbish)
- Bring sufficient food and clothing for ALL weather conditions
- If a hut has the occupied sign installed please do not approach the hut
- Respect others on the trail and the environment
- Cellular coverage is available for approximately half the trail, in an emergency ring 111
- Above all HAVE FUN.
Welcome Rock Gardens
- We do not offer refunds
- If you are late arriving at a meet /pick up point and you miss your slot we do not offer refunds
- If you have any complaints about your produce please email us here
- To order regularly please place an order each week through our booking page